Dribbble has become one of those prestigious communities online, mainly by its use of an invitation-only system. Anyone can sign up and become a spectator and a prospect (get the basketball theme yet?), but in order to post shots or become a Pro Player, you have to be drafted by a player already posting shots.
That is where I come in. I was lucky enough to be drafted about a year ago, and I am here to return the favor. For those who have been following me personally on Twitter and Facebook, you know that I had already given one invite away to someone that I know who has awesome work. This go around (since I had two invites), I am opening this one up to anyone.
So without further delay, below is how you can enter for your chance to be drafted into one of the best online design communities!
Here is how you enter
In order to be considered for this giveaway, you must do all of the below steps and follow all the details. Please note I am a stickler for directions, thus following them to the “t” is what will increase your chances!
1. Like Students That Freelance on Facebook. I get an email every time someone likes the page.
2. Follow Students That Freelance on Twitter I get an email every time we get a new follower.
3. Subscribe to Students That Freelance RSS feed.
4. Become a prospect on Dribbble by signing up as a spectator here: http://dribbble.com/signup and clicking “I would like to become a player, add me to the list of prospects.”
5. Gather three of your best pieces of work, and make a screenshot 400px by 300px (the size they require on Dribbble), and name them in the following convention firstlast1.jpg, firstlast2.jpg and firstlast3.jpg (for instance mine would be amberturner1.jpg, amberturner2.jpg, and amberturner3.jpg). They can be .jpg, .png, or .gif.
6. Send those three images to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Dribbble Invite Giveaway on STF” along with a link to your Dribbble profile (for instance, this is the link to my Dribbble profile: http://dribbble.com/amberleighturner).
7. Post a comment here, stating what articles you would like to see more of on Students That Freelance.
How the winner will be chosen
Dribbble is invite-only and they do this to keep the quality of the shots posted to very high standards. Thus, everyone who invites someone is responsible for the quality of work that person will be posting.
What I will be doing is taking all of the eligible entries (those that followed all of those steps above to a “T”), and putting all of the images in a folder (this is why it is important to follow the instructions). I will then look through the images and find the one that blows my socks off. Who ever name is attached to that image will be drafted by me on Dribbble. If the competition is really tough, I may bring in a few extra people to help me judge.
Since I can’t leave this thing open forever, I will be closing the giveaway on Sunday, October 16th, 2011 at 11:59 pm CST and will be announcing the winner here on the site Monday, October 17th, 2011, with the winner being drafted shortly after the announcement.
So good luck, and let me see some awesome work!